11 November 2023 | The Commonwealth Countries Fair 2023
Kensington Town Hall
7th July 2023 | 50th Anniversary for the Commonwealth of The Bahamas.
The Langham, 1C Portland Place, Regent Streetcar, London
15th May 2023 | Charity Luncheon : Skin health, skin ageing and menopause
Royal Over-Seas League (ROSL)
It was a truly wonderful afternoon well spent, meeting friends of CLL at our charity luncheon and attending the talk by Dr. Shaaira Nasir.
On behalf of the board of trustees, the entire executive committee, and all the attendees, we would like to express our gratitude to Dr. Shaaira Nasir for taking the time to share her expertise and valuable advice on skin health, skin aging, and menopause. We genuinely appreciate it and are honored to have had you as a speaker! Your expertise and presentation captivated the audience.
We would also like to extend our thanks to Jeffri Ramli for gracing our event with his incredible singing performance!
It was a fulfilling experience to support such a great cause alongside such amazing company. Congratulations to the Executive Committee members for organizing a successful event.
25th May 2023 | Style & Society: Dressing the Georgian The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace.
25th May 2023
Style & Society: Dressing the Georgian
The Queen’s Gallery, Buckingham Palace.
This annual event hosted by The Joint Commonwealth Organisations (JCO) in collaboration of six charities hosted this event.
It was a very interesting exhibition learning the history about the dressing of the Georgian attended by Executive Committees; Noor Azlina Zainal Abidin Mills and Yvette Philbert.
London Craft Week 2023 - High Commision of Malaysia, Belgrave Square, London.
London Craft Week 2023
High Commision of Malaysia, Belgrave Square, London.
Abstract Nature – Malaysia’s Heritage Crafts presented by Her Majesty Queen Azizah of Malaysia.
Our Executive Committees; Noor Azlina Zainal Abidin Mills alongside Yvette Philbert attended the Abstract Nature,an exhibition that showcases Malaysia’s rich cultural landscape through its extraordinary craft traditions during the London Craft Week 2023. Indeed an honoured to be able personally meet Her Majesty Queen Azizah during the exhibition.
It was a good exposure for learning about craftsmanship. The exhibition highlighted craft skills that have their roots in the country’s indigenous communities. Thank you so much Her Majesty and team for your time with us in thoroughly explained about the showcases displayed.
6th May 2023 | Road to 50 : Pre Independense Diaspora Reception
Thank you The High Commission of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas to the court of St. James’s, Duchess K. Williams-Alonga for your invitation to ‘ Road to 50: Pre-Independence Diaspora Reception’.
In the photos
- Executive Committees of CCL with Bahamas Prime Minister; The Honourable Philip E.Davis KC MP.
- Bahamas High Commissioner with Executive Committees of CCL
Executive Committees of CCL with Duchess K. Williams-Alonga and her sons
- Noor Azlina Zainal Abidin Mills, Chairwomen CCL with Bahamas Prime Minister’s wife; Ann Marie Davis
- Executive Committees of CCL; Noor Azlina Zainal Abidin Mills, Joyce Florell, Ivy Cassatt (Chairman equity bank) and Christina Davis-Justin (Bahamas Prime Minister’s Daughter) – Thank you for your time.
- Executive Committees of CCL with Bahamas High Commissioner H.E. Paul Andrew Gomez
- Speech by Bahamas Prime Minister; The Honourable Philip E.Davis KC MP
- Speech by Bahamas High Commissioner H.E. Paul Andrew Gomez.
- Noor Azlina Zainal Abidin Mills (Chairwomen CCL) with Sir Peter, previous chairman for CCL board of trustees.
- Yvette Philbert, Cecilia Muchemi Joyce Florell,Noor Azlina Zainal Abidin Mills.
13th March 2023 - Commonwealth Day Service and Celebration
13th March 2023 | Commonwealth Day Service and Celebration | Westminster Abbey
We were honoured to attend this wonderful memorable event attended by His Majesty The King for his first Commonwealth Day event as Head of the Commonwealth, Members of the Royal Family, UK and Commonwealth dignitaries, diplomatic representatives, members of the Commonwealth community and UK school children to celebrate the Commonwealth of Nations.
This Commonwealth Day was also held to recognise and celebrate the important contribution and positive impact of young leaders on the future of our Commonwealth as 2023 was designated the ‘Year of the Youth’ by Commonwealth Heads at the Kigali. At the same time marking the 50th anniversary of the establishment of the Commonwealth Youth Programme.
In the photos
1. Noor Azlina Zainal Abidin Mills; CCL Chairwomen – Executive Committee with the Malaysian flag barrier.
2. Noor Azlina Zainal Abidin Mills and Joyce Forell with Tuvalu flag barrier.
3. L-R Yvette Philbert, Joyce Forell, friends from Bahamas, Duchess K. Williams-Alonga; President of CCL, Noor Azlina; Chairwomen of CCL Executive Committee with Bahamas flag barrier.
4. L-R Yvette Philbert, Sir Peter (ex chairman for CCL trustee), friends from Bahamas, Duchess K. Williams-Alonga; President of CCL, Noor Azlina; Chairwomen of CCL Executive Committee.
7th March 2023 - Commonwealth Future Luncheon
Commonwealth Future hosted a luncheon at the Caledonian Club in London. The event paid tribute to both Commonwealth Day, International Women’s Day and included discussions about the vital importance of global eye care.
The Commonwealth Countries League was given a small token for outstanding charitable work for the commonwealth future. Noor Azlina Zainal Abidin Mills; the Chairwomen of CCL received the token on behalf of CCL.
Photos courtesy from Phil Evans – Beeches Photography. @beechesphotography
25th February 2023 | Bahamas House
25th February 2023 | Bahamas House.
Thank you The High Commission of Bahamas, Duchess K. Williams-Alonga for your invitation to ‘A road to 50 Diaspora Meet & Greet.
It was definitely an honour to be there at Bahamas House on this special occasion.
Attending the event, Madam Noor Azlina – Mills, Chairwomen of CCL.